Join Us . . . for a 2 Day Workshop with Master Clinicians
Zoya Simakhodskaya, Ph.D., Certified EFT Trainer, Supervisor and Therapist
Michael Moran, LCSW, Certified EFT Supervisor and Therapist, AASECT Certified Sex Therapist
Sex As a Safe Adventure:
Integrating treatment of emotional and physical disconnection
using an an attachment lens
When:March 2 – 3, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Where: The Friends Center
1501 Cherry Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
$329 Early Bird (register by 1/31/18)
$250 Student Rate
13 CEUs (fee of $25.00) approved for Licensed Psychologists, Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, Counselors and AASECT
Do your couples present with complaints of sexual issues, such as:
- Discrepancies in desire
- Boredom in the bedroom
- Discovery of out of control sexual behaviors
- Arousal or orgasmic problems
- Sexual challenges after having children
- Trouble after infidelity or in the wake of trauma
From the perspective of Emotionally Focused Therapy, such complaints are most often part of an underlying lack of security and bond in the relationship caused by the negative cycle between partners. At times, as the partners de-escalate and become more secure, sexual issues remain unresolved. Yet, many EFT therapists lack knowledge and skills in the area of sex assessment and intervention.
This workshop is designed to give you a strong foundation where sexual issues are the presenting problem in couple therapy. Introduction to up to date research on current models of sexuality will be presented. You will learn how to do an assessment of both the negative relational cycle and the sexual cycle so you can skillfully work using EFT interventions with both cycles to help couples move to de-escalation. This workshop will also address how to integrate psycho-education and simple behavioral sex therapy interventions as couples begin to move into Stage 2, while at the same time continuing to build a secure bond through increased vulnerability. This workshop will include lecture, video examples and experiential exercises.
- Participants will be able to name different models of sexual response.
- Participants will be able to apply techniques of sexual assessment in EFT treatment
- Participants will be able to identify negative cycle around sexual issues in Stage 1 of EFT
- Participants will be able to effectively use Stage 2 EFT interventions around sexual issues to create more secure bond in couples that leads to greater sexual fulfillment.
- Participants will be able to discuss how to use strategies of integrating sex therapy into EFT for couples
- Participants will be able to explain an overview of how attachment theory provides relevant framework to understand couple’s emotional, physical and sexual responses,
- Participants will be able to recognize the importance of assessing sexual health in couple therapy.
- Participants will be able to discuss how central principles of sex therapy that specifically relate to couples and the relational system can be integrated into couple therapy.
- Participants will be able to integrate emotional, relational and sexual dynamics contributing to successful resolution of sexual concerns.
- Participants will be able to describe how various stages of EFT require differential integration of sex therapy strategies.